Conference Sub - Themes
1. Conference Theme 2014
Improving Education through stakeholder collaboration
2. Conference Sub - Themes
The recently formed National Education Collaboration Trust (NECT) is a crucial development that should be supported by all those working to improve basic education in South Africa. The NECT is a partnership initiative by civil society aimed at strengthening cooperation among stakeholders - business, labour and other civil society formations - in order to improve education outcomes.
By calling for abstracts and papers that are in line with the NECT, we hope to play a supporting role in focusing stakeholder collaboration, knowledge-sharing and innovation on these six key areas.
Abstracts should therefore be submitted under the following six conference focus areas:
- Professionalising the teaching service
- Strengthening school leadership
- Improving government capacity to deliver
- Delivering resources for schools
- Increasing community and parent involvement
- Nurturing learner support and wellbeing