Abstract Submission Guidelines
Individuals are invited to submit abstracts to the 2014 South African Basic Education Conference. The conference welcomes abstracts that are innovative in their approach,insights and recommendations. Please note that you can submit more than one abstract, but they have to be submitted separately online before 07 February 2014
Successful abstracts will be fast tracked for review by the SA Journal of Education
|Please use the scroller to the right for more information|
The on-line abstract submission system is user-friendly. You will be guided through the submission procedure. Please follow the instructions as shown on the webpage.
Carefully read the information below before preparing your abstract submission
STEP 1 : Fill in your details
STEP 2 : Fill in Abstract Title,Abstract Text(Note Abstract format under item 3 below)
STEP 3 : References(no authors)
STEP 4 : Select Focus Areas(listed below)
STEP 5 : Select either option1 or Option 2(listed below)
STEP 6 : Click "Next"
STEP 7 : Entered abstract authors here(Note only one presenting author is allowed)
STEP 8 : Click "Next"
STEP 9 : Username(Abstract number) and password will be generated
STEP 10: Ensure that the confirmation email button and terms & condition button is ticked
STEP 11: Click "Finish"
NB: Please ensure that you click on the "Finish" button at the end of the process.
For further support in preparing your abstract or paper, please refer to this video on YouTube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFc7LvROYRc for guidelines. Note that this video was prepared for a health-based conference and therefore the specific conference information is not relevant to this Education Conference. However the broad guidelines for preparing abstracts should prove helpful.
1. Conference Tracks(Select one track)
- Professionalisation of the teaching service
- Strengthening school leadership
- Improving government capacity to deliver
- Delivering resources for schools
- Increasing community and parent involvement
- Nurturing learner support and wellbeing
2. Abstract categories(Select one option)
Option 1 - RESEARCH FOCUSED
Research focused abstracts will be selected from the following categories:
- Academic or research -based abstracts that provide analysis and recommendations relating to a specific basic education-related problem or circumstance
- Academic or research-based abstracts that explore past ideas or review the 'state of the practice' to generate new insights or recommendations
- Abstract or papers that provide critical evaluations of current arrangements and practices
Option 2 - PRACTICE FOCUSED
Practice focused abstracts will be selected from the following categories:
- Innovative projects or programmes that have been proven positive results and show possibility for expansion into other classroom,schools,districts regions
- Innovative classroom, school or district practices or methodologies that have proven positive results and show possibility for expansion into other classrooms,schools or districts
- Innovative projects or programmes that do not show expected positive results, but have lessons or recommendations that are applicable to the broader basic education sector
The online abstract submission system is user friendly. Please your abstract according to the headings listed below in no more than 300 words or 2085 characters(including spaces) in total:
- Background and Objectives
Or issue statement – a short statement summarizing the issue(s) and objective(s) addressed by the abstract
- [For practise-focused abstracts only] Scalability
For further support in preparing your abstract or paper, please refer to this video on You Tube for guidelines. Note that this video was prepared for a health-based conference and therefore the specific conference information is not relevant to this Education Conference. However the broad guidelines for preparing abstracts should prove helpful.
4. Important Dates
Submission Deadline : 07 February 2014
Notifications : End of February 2014
Should you require any assistance kindly email email@example.com